Thursday, May 20, 2010

Introduction on Venn Diagram

Our Mathematicians have taken so much of pains introducing so many useful concepts of mathematics, don't you all think so? Venn diagram is also one of such great pictorial representation. I am sure you will agree to me after you read this post. I am introducing Venn diagram in this post.


Venn Diagrams :- It was introduced by John Venn an English mathematicians in the year 1880.

Venn diagrams are pictorial representation which shows us the relationship between finite collections of sets. It is used on problems of "set theory". They are used to teach elementary set theory.

A Venn diagram is constructed with a collection of simple closed curves drawn in the plane. It is shapped by over lapping further than two circles. Here 'U' indicates the universal set.


The figure above shows you the relationship of sets(between finite collection of sets) and i have given you the definition of Venn diagram also. I am sure this is concept of information for you. You have learn t a lot from this post. Let me know your views on this and wait for my next post which will be done shortly.


No comments:

Post a Comment