Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Math Riddles

When i was of your age, my dad use to play with me and my sister. He use to ask us to solve some riddles specially on mathematics. That is how we learn t how to add, multiple, subtract and divide easily. Now a days we have so many educational sites which help us with math riddles, check these sites. This is an educational game which i am sure you will also enjoy. Lets start.

A) If 10 is subtracted from 6 times a number, the different is equal to 32. Find the number?

So start working on this, did you get some answer to this? if you have the answer done, check for the answer below i have solved it for you.

Solution:

You need to convert this into an equation.
assume the number to be as x
6 times x which can be written as 6x
now we need to subtract it from 6x (6x-10)
the difference is equal to 32
therefore it is 6x-10=32
6x=32+10
6x= 42
x=42/6
x= 7
therefore the number is 7.

Now, i have one more riddle for you, lets see if you get that right for me. You will have to work on it and send me the answer or the solution for it.

B) Jack's father is thrice as old as Jack. If father's age is 60 years, what is Jack's age?

This is the problem you will have to solve and send it to me. I will reply back to you once i receive your solution on this. Waiting for your response:-).

No comments:

Post a Comment